Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sacrifice

If you really want something, you have to sacrifice your time and effort just to achieve it.

I had been very busy for the whole week. Because of the suspension of classes for the past week, we had to make-up for the lost time. Another reason is it was our last week to get signatures from the members of the org. I also attended my advising session for the next semester and our org Sportsfeast.

One whole week of sudden suspension of classes is a very great loss especially for subjects scheduled everyday like math. We need to have fast discussions so we can cope with the original schedule. But since they maybe felt that they were pushing us too hard, the teachers decided to move our third long exam from August 31 to September 5. I am very thankful since the weekend before the original schedule, I have a camp to attend. At least with the changing of plans, I have more time to study.

If changing the original schedule is not an option, then a make-up class is the last answer. In my Geog 1 class, our teacher decided to have a 3-hour make-up class. It will cover the two meetings we lost. And for our convenience, since most of us will attend the Geog Camp, he will have it there. For those who will not attend, he will give them a separate make-up class.

For my other subjects, which I think are not really affected by it, the teacher just moved our schedule for a week.

Since last week was the deadline of our signature sheets, I doubled my effort in getting sigs. On normal days, I go back to our dormitory for lunch but last week, I stayed in our tambayan. If I'll eat lunch, I made it sure that I'll be fast. And during afternoons, I stayed there from 4 to 6:30. Every free time I had was very precious. I never thought I could reach the minimum one day ahead. It may already seem a success but no. If I could complete them until the culminating party which is also the deadline, I will. I still had about 15 signatures uncompleted. It is a good thing that the members were very kind and supportive at that time. In exchange for their complete sigs, most of them asked for letters which is somehow convenient for me. But, there are others who were very demanding and asked for a sing or dance number. Even I don't have a good voice, singing is something I can "confidently" do. But dancing is a different thing. I am not good at it. I don't have the confidence for it. I tried to ask to change her requirement but she didn't accept it. I just hope she will change her mind when I will see her.

Also, last week, I had a schedule for advising for the next semester. Even I need to get sigs, I attended this. This is very important because it will somehow guarantee me a slot for the subjects I chose.

The last event of my week was the PsychSoc Sportsfeast. It was just a 4-hour event but for me it was still tiring because I have many things to do. When my friends decided to go home even the event was not done (they were still heading home to Batangas, and Pampanga), I went with them so I can go home early. And besides, I still had many things to do.

If was not for an org I really want to join, I won't have that very busy week. I really hope that my sacrifices will pay off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment