There were three unexpected things that happened over the week — the application for an organization, the assignment to watch a violent movie, and the results of my long exam and quiz.
Last Monday, while I was surfing the internet, my block mate messaged me asking if I already signed-up for an organization. I told her that I did not since I didn't have a companion. When she mentioned that she was going to attend an applicants' orientation of the UP Psychology Society, I immediately asked her if I can go with her. UP Psychology Society was the organization I wanted to join. So, it was a good thing that she messaged me.
Then, I went with her to the orientation. I learned there that it is not easy joining an organization. There will be many things you need to accomplish so you will be accepted. I then thought of not continuing it. But, I realized, if I will not join any organization, many will think I am a loner. Also, if I will join next year, I will have a small chance of having a companion. As a result, I decided pursuing it. I think that the challenges of the different organizations will always be part of an Iskolar ng Bayan.
Another unexpected thing that happened was our assignment to watch Battle Royale. When I heard it, I thought that it was an action film. But I was wrong . Our teacher told us that it was not really an action film but a violent movie. I can somehow stand watching these kind of movies. On the other hand, when I learned from my classmate that it was very violent, I became hesitant watching it. I had an idea of just reading a summary of it. But, I ignored it and still watched it. While watching it, I realized that it was somehow tolerable for me.
After watching the movie, I fathomed that even violent films have a lesson to portray. It may seem unbelievable but I am the kind of person who always want to understand the message of a film. So I was trying to discover what was it. At first, it was hard because all I saw was killing. Then, when it was almost finished, the message was revealed. It was "in a world full of pretenders, there will always be someone whom you can trust" which I think was unusual.
Then, the results of my long exam in Math and my quiz in French were given to us. Despite the fact that I was slightly confident, I was still nervous. My Math exam result was given first. I got 30 out of 40. I was not satisfied with my score since most of my mistakes were just because of carelessness. So, I promised myself to be more careful in the future exams. Then my French quiz were given back. I was very happy to get a perfect score. Thanks to the bonus questions, my mistakes in the spellings were saved.
Life is full of surprises. It may feel like it just happens in a certain time because some will be revealed all at once. Just remember to be prepared in whatever surprise you will encounter.
No comments:
Post a Comment