Saturday, July 21, 2012

Time Management

It is very stressful when something happened against your plans especially when that event almost ruined your schedule. It will be very hard to adjust since your mind is already set on what to do. That is why I felt that I only accomplished few things since something happened to my ATM card that almost messed up my week.

Monday was somehow all right. Despite the fact that I hate attending meetings during no class days, I have no choice but to attend the General Assembly Meeting of our organization. After that, my classmates and I went to Palma Hall Annex to update our course profiles. Because I was expecting that my parents already deposited my allowance, I checked my account after lunch. When I tried to withdraw, the ATM machine disregarded the action so I assumed that maybe the bank had not encoded it yet. Then I informed my mother  and she said that my guess might be right.

The next day, before going to my P.E. class, I again checked my account. This time, I noticed something I have not read the other day. The machine posted a sentence which said, "No card record." So, I became alarmed. I immediately texted my mother about it. Then my father called me and asked what really happened. I explained it to him and he said that he will visit the bank and inquire about what happened to my account.

Again, when my mother informed me that the bank gave them a copy verifying that the money was already deposited, I checked it once more this time at the ATM machine of a different bank. The machine also ignored the action and it said that my ATM is not valid. As a result, my parents became worried after I informed them. My mother then went to the bank to tell them that there was something wrong with my account. The bank representative, without knowledge about the system's problem, suggested to just withdraw the money over the counter.

And that's where my schedule was ruined. Because of it, I spent so long trying to figure out how to fix the problem as soon as possible. Since my mother knew that I need an allowance, she just sent me money via a money remittance center while I cannot withdraw yet. Then, luckily, we did not have a class in Linguistics for my teacher judged a thesis defense. So, instead of hanging out in our organization, I went to their branch to do what was suggested.

When the teller said that she cannot find my account, I became very stressed. I right away called my mother and said that the only way to get it was to withdraw it to the branch where my parents deposited the money. She was very upset about it. After knowing that, I cannot stop thinking about it. Moreover, my mother instructed me to open an account on a different bank which added to the things I need to think about. The only thing I want to do after all those was to sleep.

While they were fixing their system, the bank representative promised to inform my mother by the time the system was already fixed. So we waited. Then, Friday at noon, my mother texted me that the system already worked properly. So after taking my lunch, I tried to withdraw the money and the machine accepted the action. I felt relieved after a week of stressful events.

There are times when something happens unexpectedly and sometimes it will ruin your entire schedule. But we must try to stay calm. Panic will just add to your problems. We must remember to stay focused, think of ways to fix the problem and to adjust to the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment